posted by zaina19 on September, 2008 as INGUSHETIA
From: MSN NicknameEagle_wng (Original Message) Sent: 9/8/2008 7:09 PM S. Ossetians sue Georgia
Tskhinval/Agency Caucasus – Victims of the war that was launched by Georgia on August 7 and 8 against South Ossetia now take legal action against Georgia in the International Criminal Court.
Janna Zaseyeva, who both counsels President Eduard Kokoity of South Ossetia and chairs an organization that defends the rights of South Ossetians against genocidal actions, said that 2 500 people had so far submitted an application to bring the case to court: “Over 300 applications have already been referred to the Hague, with 200 more pending.”
“So far, we have been received 2 500 applications from South Ossetians, who demand that the Georgian administration should be punished for killing their relatives and destroying their homes,” said Zaceyeva. “While the people express their demands verbally, we help them to convert their demands into written requests.”
Acknowledgement: All available information and documents in "Justice For North Caucasus Group" is provided for the "fair use". There should be no intention for ill-usage of any sort of any published item for commercial purposes and in any way or form. JFNC is a nonprofit group and has no intentions for the distribution of information for commercial or advantageous gain. At the same time consideration is ascertained that all different visions, beliefs, presentations and opinions will be presented to visitors and readers of all message boards of this site. Providing, furnishing, posting and publishing the information of all sources is considered a right to freedom of opinion, speech, expression, and information while at the same time does not necessarily reflect, represent, constitute, or comprise the stand or the opinion of this group. If you have any concerns contact us directly at: