136 Days to the Circassian Genocide 150th year Commemoration
15 July 1860 – Military Order of the Minister of Russia, the assignment of the fourtypes of fortifications Neberdzhayskoe, Il’sky, Grigoriev and Hamketskoe
The Emperor has approved on the tenth of July, following the solicitation of Commander-in-Chief of the Caucasus front line, for the following names to be launched at the four forts that are under construction in the Kuban Territory:
1) In the land of Natkhowaj at 15 ferest distance from Karemskoi fortress at the entrance of Neprdjaysk narrow valley, will be called Fort Neberdzhayskoe.
2) In the land of Shabsough, on the River Ile, 30 Ferest from River Kuban, in the place of yempsehyaqo, and will be called Il’sky.
3) In the land of Shabsough also, on the Shepsh River, about 7 Ferest North of Fort Ivanova – previously Ashipskoy, and will be called Grigoriev.
4) In Hamket at the tops of Gubsa Psefira, and will be called Hamketskoe.
On any monarch will announce at the War Office for the proper knowledge.
State Archives of the Krasnodar Territory, p. 347, op. 2, 38, p. 15.